On 26.04.2017 new versions of the thermodynamic ME-databases for steel and nickel-base alloys have been released. This release includes the following new features:
ME-Fe1.1 – Highlights:
- Improved phase stabilities in stainless steel (Laves phase, ferrite phase).
- Improved phase stability of Ni3Si-type gamma´ in Si-containing stainless steel.
- Improvement of thermodynamic Fe-Nb base for simulations of microalloyed steel.
- Corrected carbide stabilities in Fe-Cr-Mn-C (M7C3 was too stable in ME-Fe, version 1.0).
- Reproduction of stabilization of Cr2N by Vanadium.
ME-Ni1.1 – Highlights:
- Improved phase stabilities of topologically close-packed (TCP) phases
- Improved phase stability trends (gamma’, TCP phases, delta), solidi and liquidi with Re- and Ru-alloying.
- Improved phase stability of Ni2Cr.
- Improved gamma’ phase stability towards Fe-Ni-based superalloys for applied simulations (e.g., USC power plant materials).
- Improved solidi and liquidi of Boron-containing multi-component Ni-base systems.
For any inquiries on this release, please contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org.